(Taken from the Greenpeace website)
Join our ‘Speaker Shorts’ talks in June
Throughout June Greenpeace is running an exciting new programme called Speaker Shorts. These are free 15 minute talks followed by an interactive Q&A on areas that Greenpeace is campaigning on. From protecting our forests and oceans, to plastics and the climate crisis, Speaker Shorts will give an introduction to the topic and simple things you can do to help!
Speaker Shorts talks will be delivered by members of our Greenpeace Speakers network – passionate and knowledgeable volunteers who know a lot about our work.
The talks will run as a Zoom webinar, which is a secure and private way for you and your family to participate in these fun and interactive talks. You’ll need to download Zoom for free in order to join.
Find out more about each talk and register at the links below:
- 8th June, 2.30pm: Protecting our Oceans
- 22nd June, 4.30pm: Why is plastic not fantastic?
- 29th June, 4.30pm: How you can help save the rainforest from your plate
Young people and students:
- 15th June, 5.30pm: Three ways you can tackle the climate emergency
- 24th June, 12.30pm: Fast food & deforestation – what’s the problem?
Adults and general audiences:
- 17th June, 12.30pm: A green future – what Government need to do
- 19th June, 5.30pm: Three Greenpeace non-violent direct actions that have helped our planet
- 26th June, 12.30pm: Supertrawlers – a supersize problem